Log in if you have an account
By creating an account with our store, you will be able to move through the checkout process faster, store multiple addresses, view and track your orders in your account, and more.Create an account
All our products are made with care and attention.
In order to keep them as beautiful as they are, please mind the following care instructions.
If you have any specific question, please feel free to contact us!
We are happy to be of service!
- We advise you to vacuum the rug once or twice a week with a normal (upright or cylinder) vacuum cleaner but without the brush or beater bar engaged. Rugs with a high pile need to be vacuumed even more often.
- Do not use a vacuumer with a rotating brush, this will damage the yarn.
- Rugs made from natural materials are subject to some pilling during the first few months. This is a common characteristic of natural cut fibers and will disappear after 3 or 4 months of normal use.
- A dry environment can result in extra pilling of the yarn. A humidity between 50-70% will benefit the lifecycle of your rug.
- In order to avoid ‘regular use marks’, we advise you to turn the rug every once in a while.
- Wet stains need to be removed immediately, before the yarn absorbs the fluid. Absorb the stain using a strong absorbing paper (like kitchen paper). Do not, in any case, rub or put pressure on the rug when wet. This can damage the fibers and the structure of the rug.
- Light stains can safely be treated with JAMES cleaning agents, which have been succesfully tested on our products. Please follow the instructions of the JAMES staindisc, also shown on our site. We can not guarantee safe use of cleaning agents by any other brand, since they have not been tested.
- Please do not use highly acidic cleaning agents to remove stains from your rug. This will cause discoloration of the yarn.
- In case of heavy staining or transferred dirt, we advise you to always have your rug drycleaned by a specialist in rug cleaning. Please state clearly that this rug needs to be cleaned without using water.
- When in doubt, please don’t hesitate to contact us for more information.
- Frankly Amsterdam guarantees its rugs for 2 years of normal use.
- All our products are made with care. In case a manufacturing defect escaped our attention, please inform us within 14 days after delivery and leave the product unused.
- Small differences or irregularities in color, weft or size may occur. This is inherent to the use of natural fibers and has to be accepted when within normal commercial tolerances.
- Frankly Amsterdam will not accept any complaint if shading is concerned.
SOMETIMES WE SPILL...
No matter how careful you are, accidents happen.
And rugs as beautiful as these ones deserve the best possible care when this happens.
In case of heavy staining or transferred dirt, we advise you to always have your rug cleaned by a specialist.
Light stains on Eucalyptus rugs and mohair or wool rugs can safely be treated with JAMES cleaning agents. JAMES Water, Stainwonder and Stainspray have been successfully tested on our Eucalyptus qualities. Information on what agent to use for which specific situation can be found in the JAMES staindiscs for fresh and persisent stains below.
Are you interested in purchasing a JAMES starter set?
Please get in touch with us!
Whenever you are in doubt on how to proceed, or have questions on how to clean your Frankly Amsterdam rug, you can contact us at
[email protected] or +31 20 - 737 0818.